Mittwoch, 9. Juni 2010

Toulouse-Lautrec

















In diesem Monat dreht sich der monatliche ABS-Challenge um ein Gemälde von Toulouse-Lautrec. Die wundervollen Farben und die heitere Atmosphäre haben mich sehr angesprochen und daher bin ich jetzt ziemlich aufgeregt, weil ich mich das erste Mal an dem Wettbewerb beteilige, wenn die Ladies meinen Beitrag zulassen.

This month the ladies from ABS challenge us with the painting "Marcelle Lender Dancing the Bolero in Chilpéric" from the french artist Toulouse-Lautrec. The beautiful colors and the cheerful atmosphere spoke to me and so I'm excited because I submitted my first entry in the ABS-Challenge - if the ladies approve my entry.


Ich habe versucht, mit dem grünen Knopf und den rosa Saristreifen den Rock der Tänzerin in seiner ganzen Bewegung einzufangen. Für meine Lampwork-Perlen habe ich Psyche und Elektra über Elfenbein verwendet, da ich fand, dass diese perfekt zu den dunkleren Farben des Bildes passen. Sie sind recht winzig, aber ihr Funkeln fügt allem etwas Lebendiges hinzu.

I tried to catch the rose and green skirt of the dancer with all its movement with the green coconut-button and the sari-silk as my ring-base. For my lampwork-beads I chose psyche and elektra over ivory because I thought they match the darker side of the colors in the painting perfectly. They are quite tiny but I think their sparkle adds a lively element.

















Kommentare:

Malin de Koning hat gesagt…

Oh I really like it! It is very special and a super nice interpretation of the painting. I also really fell for it. I think you have captured the atmosphere perfectly. It feels very turn-of-the-last-century.

Nicki hat gesagt…

Der Ring ist echt toll. Und meiner auch... ;-)

Doris hat gesagt…

Wow !!!! Wunderschön
Grüßle
Doris

stregata hat gesagt…

Wunderschöner Ring, Stefanie. Love the lampwork - so special!

Dragonfairy hat gesagt…

GENIAL!!!!!!!

Regina hat gesagt…

Very creative, I like your style!

marsspyder hat gesagt…

you really captured the movement of the skirt! Beautiful!

Azure Islands Designs hat gesagt…

Uniquely creative...you've done a wonderful job of capturing the essence of not only the skirt but the whole paining...

Nicely done...
Cheers

hello gorgeous hat gesagt…

Hey gorgeous! I LOVE these creations, they are little pieces of artwork for the hand! :o)

Thanks for the comment on the blog, feel very retro when I'm wearing the sunglasses! ;o)

hugs

hello gorgeous xxxx

Marbella Jewelry Designs hat gesagt…

das ist schön!

chocoholic hat gesagt…

Very nice- I love how the fiber materials mimic the movement of the dancers dress!

missficklemedia.com hat gesagt…

This is stunning! Love the lamp work you did yourself, you never cease to amaze me

Dale hat gesagt…

Wow, this ring is fabulous! Did you use a ring blank for the base, or did you make something yourself? It looks so good... Rings without a blank are something that have always intimidated me.

As to riviting, that you mentioned on my blog, what problem are you having? Maybe i can help you out?