Mittwoch, 29. Februar 2012

Let's hop again



The wonderful Erin did it again - she asked us to create, challenge ourselves and hop with her. This time it is the challenge of music. I thought about that and decided to go with a song of my favorite band "Coldplay" from their new album - the song is called "Up with the birds".

Die wundervolle Erin hat es erneut getan - sie bat uns zu designen unsere kreativität herauszifordern un danach schön zu hoppen- diesmal ging es uM Musik. Ich habe darüber nachgedacht und mich für einen Song meiner Lieblingsband "Coldplay" von ihrem neuen Album entschlossen - das Lied heisst "Up with the birds" .


I really love that band and this track - at the moment - has a special meaning to me. There were a lot of changes and challenges in the past few months  - I stopped smoking which makes me incredibly proud and happy. And since this Monday I know why my bones, especially my knees, were hurting so bad, why my blood pressure were that high and why I had water everywhere in my body - I was diagnosed with the Graves disease and hopefully the meds will help me soon:-) And I'm sure then I can spread my wings again and be creative and strong and able to blog and visit you again.

Ich liebe diese Band und der Titel hat besonders im Moment auch eine besondere Bedeutung für mich. Es gab so viele Veränderungen und Herausforderungen in den vergangenen Monaten. Ich habe mit dem Rauchen aufgehört, was mich unsagbar stolz und glücklich macht und ich seit Montag weiß ich auch, wieso meine Knochen und besonders meine Knie so weh tun, wieso mein Blutdruck so hoch ist und ich überall Wasser im Körper habe - Ich habe Morbus Basedow und hoffentlich helfen mir bald die Medikamente. Ich bin sicher, dann kann ich wieder meine Flügel ausbreiten und bin wieder kreativ und kräftig und in der Lage zu bloggen und Euch zu besuchen:-)


So here it is


"The birds they sang, at break of day.
"Start again", I hear them say.
It's so hard to just walk away.
The birds they sang, all a choir,
"Start again a little higher".
It's a spark in a sea of gray.

The sky is blue,
Dreamed that lie 'til it's true,
Then takin' back the punch I threw,
My arms turn wings,
Oh, those clumsy things
Send me up to that wonderful world
And then I'm up with the birds.



The bracelet is made of  polymer beads and birds from the oh so talented Erin Fickert-Rowland (who hops with us:-)) and african glass beads and some crystals.

Das Armband besteht aus Polymer Perlen und Vögeln von der so talentieren Erin Fickert-Rowland (die auch mit hoppt), afrikansischen Glasperlen und ein paar Kristallen.





 and here are the other participants - und hier sind die anderen Teilnehmer


Stefanie Teufel  (<---you are here)


Oh, and please come back later this week for Loris bead soup and some pics of our Milan-Trip.

Oh, und bitte kommt wieder Ende der Woche - für Loris Suppe und ein paar Bilder von unserm Mailand-Trip.

Kommentare:

Blacklady hat gesagt…

Liebe Stefanie,
ausgefallen, extravagant und wunderschön.
lg karin

Marion hat gesagt…

Liebe Stefanie,
das ist ein ganz entzückendes Armband!!!,die Perlen und die zauberhaften Vögelchen von Erin Fickert-Rowland sind wunderschön und von Dir zu einem wunderbaren Armband verarbeitet.
Das Du an Morbus Basedow erkrankt bist das tut mir sehr leid,ich habe eine liebe Bekannte die diese Autoimmunerkrankung auch hat.
Ich wünsche Dir alles Liebe und Gute
Marion

Saturday Sequins hat gesagt…

Stefanie,

Beautiful lyrics! Coldplay is a very talented group.

Adorable bracelet, and very cute birds. :)

-- Sarah

Elisabeth hat gesagt…

love the colors! glad to hear that the challenges might be behind you :-)

Kathleen Lange Klik hat gesagt…

Beautiful bracelet. Great color combination too! Love the polymer bird. Congrats on quitting smoking-yay for you and the strength it took to do so!

Lola hat gesagt…

First of all congratulations on quitting smoking! I know from experience what a challenge that is. I also know from experience about Graves Disease as I was diagnosed with it 20+ years ago. I hope the first round of meds works quickly for you! As for your bracelet, I LOVE how the colors of it feel just the music of your song. Beautiful!

Charade hat gesagt…

I was missing your lovely posts, so I'm glad to hear you're 'on the mend' and back to creating. Here's to your health!

Lori Anderson hat gesagt…

I love birds -- this is great!

Erin Fickert-Rowland hat gesagt…

Whoah! How cool is that??!! I was totally shocked and surprised and thrilled!! I love what you have made, Stefanie- it's gorgeous! (and I love Coldplay too!)You just made my day- thank you so much for that.(((big hugs)))

Pearl and Pebble hat gesagt…

Love it! The bird is so awesome!!!

Holly hat gesagt…

Stefanie, Coldplay has such inspirational songs, don't you think? I love this particular song, and your bracelet is just lovely! Those polymer beads and bird are sweet :)

Amy hat gesagt…

This bracelet is so pretty, and bold and wonderful! I love your interpretation of the song. Congratulations on quitting smoking - I did it 11 years ago - it wasn't easy but I sure am glad I did it. Good luck with your treatment of Graves. I hope you will wear your beautiful bracelet and remember that you will definitely spread your wings again!

Stephani Gorman hat gesagt…

It is adorable! I would love to wear it!

Christine Altmiller hat gesagt…

So bold and happy and festive! Love this! Erin is such a very talented beadmaker!

Alice hat gesagt…

I love the group Coldplay. Your piece is gorgeous, and I love that it has a special meaning for you. Congratulations on quitting smoking--something that is not easy to do.

Maneki hat gesagt…

What a cute bracelet! I really like the happy colours. The design has a very positive vibe to it.

Congrats on giving up smoking! And hope the meds will help you get better quickly.

Sally Russick hat gesagt…

I love the color of the bracelet, beautifully done!!
Congratulations, you bet you should be proud of yourself for quitting smoking! Good for you! But I'm sorry you are feeling poorly, but at least with a diagnoses you can now start moving forward!

beth hemmila of hint jewelry hat gesagt…

Beautiful choice of beads and color combination! xoxo Beth

The Cabby Crafter hat gesagt…

Pretty pretty pretty! Wishing you the best of good health

SoulsFireDesigns hat gesagt…

Such a beautiful piece! I hope it does indeed signal that you will begin flying again soon :) <3

sharon hat gesagt…

I have missed you and am sending prayers your way....I know how difficult it is to deal with health issues.
Your bracelet is beautiful, so alive and singing!
I too love Coldplay.
Hugs to you!

stregata hat gesagt…

Das Armband entspricht genau meinem Bild von Dir - bunt, lustig und sehr positiv.
Deine Erkrankung tut mir sooo leid, Stefanie - ich hoffe die Medikamente bringen Dir bald Erleichterung. Ich schicke Dir viel Liebe und positive Energie...

Perlen und Pinsel hat gesagt…

Liebe Stefanie, heute wo die Vögel draußen so zwitschern entdecke ich dein neues Armband... Es ist wunderschön so voll Power fürs Frühjahr.
Ich wünsche Dir einen guten Heilungsverlauf von Morbus Basedow. Meine Tochter hatte es letztes Jahr und Dank der Medikamente bekam sie es schneller in den Griff als erwartet - und Du sicher auch - ich wünsch es Dir!!
Lieben Gruß
Claudia

maryharding hat gesagt…

I was so happy to see your post and then so sorry to learn that you have not been well. But now that you have the cause I hope you have a speedy return to being able to do all the things you love.
the song and the bracelet are just so inspiring. Love the reds, the bird, and most because it is made in your very unique and wonderful style.

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC hat gesagt…

Gorgeous bracelet - love the colors and the sentiments behind it. I hope everything works out for you!

Kristen hat gesagt…

LOVE! Proud of you for quitting and sending healing thoughts for the meds to work!

Jenny hat gesagt…

I hope that you are feeling better quickly - and that you wear this charming bracelet in health and happiness!

TesoriTrovati hat gesagt…

So sweet, Miss Stefanie! A visual reminder that you have wings to fly and that you can rise above. I am sorry that you have this diagnosis, but knowing the underlying reason gives you much hope for a treatment. And yea to you for quitting smoking! That is a powerful addiction to overcome and I am so proud of you! This is a beautiful piece that makes me smile to see it. Thank you for joining me on this musical journey and for sharing your personality through song! Enjoy the day.
Erin

Pixiloo hat gesagt…

Beautiful bracelet. I love the little bird focal and the colors are just amazing.

Shannon Chomanczuk hat gesagt…

I am sorry you haven't been well and for your diagnosis. I am glad you were able to find out what was wrong though. I knew a girl who suffered with it for years before finding out what was wrong.
Your bracelet is darling.

Therese's Treasures hat gesagt…

Stefanie, I love your bracelet the colors are so bright and happy, very pretty.
Therese

Fundstücke hat gesagt…

Viel gute Energie schicke auch ich dir...., wie stregata, glaube ich an deine positive Ausstrahlung, die sich in deinen Schmuckstücken wiederspiegelt....bleib wie du bist...ich drücke dir ganz fest die Daumen.

GglG Karola

wieder eine wunderbare Farbwahl....ich liebe sie und das Armband....

Bobbie hat gesagt…

It's so eye catching and joyful - I hope it lifts your heart every time you wear it!

Cindy hat gesagt…

Stefanie, what a bright and happy bracelet - it really has your signature style too!

Cory hat gesagt…

OMG, this is gorgeous.

Pine Ridge Treasures hat gesagt…

What a pretty and cheery bracelet! Love the colors. Congratulations on quitting smoking. Hope you start to feel better soon.

Rebecca hat gesagt…

Beautiful mix of colours and shapes - it is such a happy piece! I'm sorry to hear of your diagnosis but I hope that now you (and the doctors) know what is wrong, they can help you to get well soon. And CONGRATULATIONS on giving up smoking! I know you will be healthier and happier without those cigarettes, and I know from friends just how very hard it can be to kick the habit. I applaud you for making this fantastic life choice, go Stefie!

Pink Princess hat gesagt…

What a nice bracelet and what a nice post! Thanks for sharing!

Marina hat gesagt…

Das Armband sieht ganz fabelhaft aus!!!!

Ganz liebe Grüsse von einer
auch
Basedow-"patientin"

Marina

Carolyn hat gesagt…

Just to let you know I featured your beautiful project on homework today. Come over and grab a featured button if you’d like. Have a great weekend.