Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2013

Black & White Challenge




Sorry for weeks of radio silence - life & work gone crazy and a summer flu - eventually I'm back with a post thanks to the wonderful Sally Russick from TheStudioSublime and her Black and White Challenge. The Challenge was "Design a piece of jewelry that uses only black and white in the design."  There were exceptions To The Rules: wire, metal or chain in silver, copper, brass, bronze, white or black can be used.

Nach Wochen des Schweigens - leicht hektisches Leben und Arbeiten und eine Sommergrippe - bin ich endlich wieder mit einem Post zurück dank der wundervollen Sally Russick from TheStudioSublime und ihrer Schwarz & Weiß Challenge. Die Aufgabe war "Designe ein Stück nur in schwarz-weiß". Ein paar Ausnahmen waren erlaubt: Draht, Metall oder Ketten in Silber, Kupfer, Gold und Bronze.



I'm so glad that I've signed up because so I was forced to sit down with my stash and get something done. Here is what I came up with - a pendant/necklace with little bobbins in black and white, black and white ribbon and metal charms.

 Ich bin so glücklich, dass ich mich angemeldet habe, denn so war ich gezwungen, mich mit meinen Perlen hinzusetzen und etwas zu machen. Und das ist dabei herausgekommen - ein Anhänger/Kette mit Garnspulen und Band in schwarz und weiß und Metallcharms.


And now please hop with us and visit my fellow beaders - und nun hoppt mit uns und besucht meine Mitteilnehmer.



Kommentare:

Doris Stumpf hat gesagt…

Was für eine tolle Idee! Ich bin total begeistert :-) Liebe Grüße Doris

la mar de bonita hat gesagt…

Ich auch ;0) Garnspulen ... auf die Idee muss man erst mal kommen ;0)
Liebe Grüße, Michi

Ann Schroeder hat gesagt…

I love the idea of using bobbins. Very nice necklace!

Islandgirl hat gesagt…

Looks lovely.. so much easier to envision what a necklace looks like when it's being worn!

Sally Russick hat gesagt…

Oh Stefanie! Your necklace is beautiful!! What a wonderfully inventive pendant assemblage of loveliness!! Those wonderful little bobbins, I'm in love!!!

Thank you for jumping in and participating in the challenge!

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) hat gesagt…

Yay, success! I adore your little bobbin focal, what an original idea, Stephanie... I was a seamstress for many years and now I am wondering what little pieces of "hardware" I have hidden away that could be turned into treasures LOL.

Patti Van hat gesagt…

What a fantastic way to assemble this design...this is beautiful! I am glad you "forced yourself" to create such a beautiful necklace!

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) hat gesagt…

Sorry I misspelled your name, Stefanie :(

Lutka And Co. hat gesagt…

How creative you are! I can really appreciate the bobbins in your design, now that I started quilting again :) - very nice!

Alice hat gesagt…

I'm so glad your recovered from the flu so you could participate in this challenge!

I love your necklace with the darling bobbin and the sweet dangles. A sure conversation starter, and a darling piece!

Dawn Doucette hat gesagt…

I love your use of ribbon & chain together Stefanie! It's the contrast of soft and hard, just like the color contrast we're working with.

LOVE it! Great design!
{Hugs!}

Designed by Vera hat gesagt…

How cute is that pendant. The bobbins....I have some and have used them, but this design just screams cute! Great idea. Thanks

Vera
http://veradesigns.blogspot.com/2013/07/black-white-jewelry-challenge.html

TesoriTrovati hat gesagt…

That is just super cute. I love the ribbon and the spools! And it looks great with a simple white T. Enjoy the day, Miss Stefanie! Erin

Christine Altmiller hat gesagt…

What a wonderful and creative piece! Love it! Two weeks ago, I had an idea to do something with bobbins. I was on my way to my mom's house and was going to ask her for a few to play with. On the way, I stopped at an antique store and found old wooden spools that the thread used to be on. I bought them all! What I wanted the bobbins for I can use the spools for too. When I saw your piece here, it gave me a huge smile to see bobbin jewelry!

Therese's Treasures hat gesagt…

Beautiful and creative I love your pendant!
Therese

Liz E hat gesagt…

That's the best use of bobbins I've ever seen. Next time my sewing machine bobbin jams, I'm going to rip it out and turn it into a piece of jewelry!

Paula, Chief Bead Officer hat gesagt…

Oh my, what an adorable creation! It reminded me of a dear friend who is a fantastic seamstress. What a great gift idea for the sewer in our lives. And the checked bow gives it a very sassy look.

Kashmira hat gesagt…

This is so totally cute :)

Marlene Cupo hat gesagt…

What a wonderfully novel idea to use bobbins, dressed in ribbon. I love longer necklaces. Great job!

Shel hat gesagt…

What a fabulous design - beautiful!! Very creative and unique, I love it!

Anonym hat gesagt…

So nice. What an interesting way to use stuff like that. I just got an idea for a necklace for my sis who fond of sewing and knitting. I'll tell her that part of the inspiration is from you. . Thank you for sharing. Anna from Stockholm

lynsey hat gesagt…

Such an interesting piece, Lovely

Adrienne hat gesagt…

This is one of my favorites!

Doris hat gesagt…

Hallo Steffie,
schön von dir zu hören und dann hast du noch ein so wundervolles Stück zu zeigen, klasse!!!

Grüßle
Doris

Kathy Lindemer hat gesagt…

The design is very fresh and up to date. Well done,

AntiquityTravelers hat gesagt…

what an amazing design this is! I LOVE it! just beautiful work

Blacklady hat gesagt…

Liebe Stefanie,
wow, die sieht absolut cool, genial, extravagant und himmlisch schön aus....ganz mein Ding...
lg karin

Wendy hat gesagt…

such a clever idea with the spools!

Lori Anderson hat gesagt…

OMG I love it.